Pages


Monday 31 December 2012

Seasons greetings and a review of 2012

A belated merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year to everyone.

I hope Santa brought you all nice toys and that the forthcoming year is a prosperous one.

Mine was relaxing and it was great to see friends and family.

Hobby wise, I received nothing for Christmas but a cheeky purchase of some Plastic Soldier Company Tigers from York and box of Panzer III's from Bridlington has eased the shock of that somewhat. I also finally spent the GW vouchers I received when I left Rapid in July on an Empire War Altar.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Looking back at the year, I did get to do some gaming and some painting. I started playing WFB again (ok, one game, but I painted up 30 Teutogen Guard), a game of 40k (pics of that game to come soon) and numerous games of flames of war and Warmachine. I also picked up the Dystopian Wars fleet that I had long been hankering for.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The biggest change hobby wise was finally dipping my toes in with Warmachine, and I am well on my way to a sizable force thanks to a bit of luck with the Maelstrom games firesale and some lucky ebay bidding.

From a personal perspective my hobby time was limited due to the birth of my son and my wife being redundant whilst on maternity leave.  Although she found a job very quickly, it was for a large international firm that demanded long hours leaving me to hold the baby... Thankfully, she now has a new job closer to home so 2013 may be better hobby-wise.

Aims for 2013:
Finish my Empire (2400 points to be fully painted);
Play some Dystopian Wars;
Finish painting my Menoth and win a game!
Finish my Tyranids and play some games;
Play more 40k and WFB;

So, quite a boring post, but there will be lots of pictures to come as I have a half painted FSA fleet and some pics from my game against Mark to post in the next few days.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

No comments:

Post a Comment