Pages


Sunday 21 August 2011

Slow but steady...

The title of course refers equally to my painting as it does my running, which I've been doing a lot of in an attempt to get fit for when I finally (finally!!) start TA training in (hopefully) September. Assuming the peeps in Glasgow sort out all my paperwork in time. But that's another story...

Ive been busy painting my fallschirmjager that I picked up a while back. These are actually pretty good value, al I needed was the standard box and a few extra blisters and I've got a decent force. I played my first game with them on Thursday against the rather tasty soviet tank rider force of the god of gaming that is Blagrot Squigbreff at Hulls Angels... It will come as no surprise to anyone who knows Alan, but yes, he won although thanks to some appalling dice rolls from his tanks and katyushas, it was closer than it should have been!

No photos of the game as I forgot (and because Alan doesn't paint his models. Ever)but without further ado here are my fallschirmjager (sorry if the photos are an odd size, I'm doing this blog on my iPad)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Light gun team
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Mortar team
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Machine gun team (technically the wrong models but it's all maelstrom had left...)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The company HQ
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

First platoon
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Second platoon
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

These have all been painted with a mid-war splinter pattern camo using the guide on e battlefront website. I've mixed in a few different coloured smocks but the idea is that I can use these guys interchangeably in both mid and late war.

The main thing I found I missed on Thursday was sufficient anti-tank firepower. A quick trip to Hobbycraft and a fortuitous 20% off all stock plus an extra discount meant I walked away with some pak40's :)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

So now the flames of war stuff is almost done, what next? Well I also picked up a British infantry company fora bargain £25 so they will get done in the coming months. But before that, I'm trying to persuade people to give, what I consider Jervis Johnsons magnum opus, epic Armageddon a go. And what's the coolest thing about epic? Titans! Motherfu**ing giant titans!!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos









1 comment:

  1. Hey my armies get painted eventually - gimme 5 or 6 years and the basecoat should be done, well on a few models anyway... :-D.

    Good luck with the MoD penpushers mate, they tend to be hard going.

    ReplyDelete